On s'embrasse

This is a portrait I made when I was feeling very body positive. I feel as though the human body is a form of art in and of itself so I do not see a problem of it being a nude portrait (and I know/hope you won't either) however I am not going to post the reference photo for obvious reasons. I think this piece actually came out quite beautiful and I feel like I really captured all the right shading and lighting according to how the picture looked and how the body curves. I wanted the background to be very subtle as to not take away from the subject of the piece so i used a fan brush and lightly put waves of color across the page. For the underwear I used a very tiny brush and did multiple little rose like brush strokes to portray lace. Overall I'm very pleased with this piece, as it is the first time I have been able to successfully shade the human body.

Comments